Flatglass rooflights can be supplied to walk-on specification by Barn Glass for external areas, such as roof terraces, as well as internal applications. They provide an attractive and creative solution for introducing daylight into areas of a building that would otherwise be dark (i.e. basements and cellars).
Available in a range of standard external kerb sizes:
- Single pane: up to 1.5m x 3m or 4.5m2, larger sizes via special order
- Multi-section: up to 2.5m slope span, greater spans can be accommodated via special order
- Unlimited length with bays at up to 1.2m centres
- Please note: Minimum kerb size is 500mm x 500mm
Standard glass specification (domestic applications)
- For stock sizes of Walk-on Flatglass rooflights, our standard glass specification is as follows: 33mm clear glass heat soak tested toughened laminated outer pane; 16mm argon filled (90%) cavity plus warm edge spacer; 6mm clear glass Low-E heat soak tested toughened inner pane, all UV resistant silicone bonded, designed to accommodate domestic loadings.
- Black painted border as standard (other RAL colours available)
- Single or multi-section construction
- Laminated inner pane
- Anti-slip finishes available, recommended for external applications
- Designed to BS EN 1991-1-1 2002 UK Annex. Loads to be agreed with client/structural engineer
- We can supply bespoke glass specifications to meet your project requirements, including body tinted, obscure, acoustic, laminated, krypton filled (90%) cavity and solar control options